Creativity Every Day - week 2

Yes I know I'm a day late - I was having a lazy day yesterday and couldn't be bothered posting. I could of course lie and tell you how busy I was, but we all have those days so there is no point denying it. This week I have been working on finishing the portrait I started last week and I've commensed the final piece for the NZ Art Guild "Borderless" exhibition in Wellington next month as well as 2 other pieces, one is a gift for my Grandmother's birthday (as requested - don't you just love it when they ask for something easy!) and the other is a piece I intend to swap with another talented NZ Artist Melissa McCreanor (in the same colours as my day~dreamer piece completed last week).

All my days ran into each other last week so I'm not sure what I did when - I know there were a few days when very little in the way of actual creativity occurred. Wednesday I got to do something exciting and different however - I had my first session with the scanning electron microscope for my thesis work - this was amazing and definately creative. Unfortunately since its all for my thesis, which is unpublished, I can't load any images for the time being, you'll just have to trust me that they look good. If I ever win lotto I'm going to buy some SEM time so I can look at various things under the microscope and make artworks from them!

Here's a finished version of my portrait from last week:

"Bugs"
A4 graphite on paper
Not for sale
I am happy to do commissions - email me for details tanya@nzartguild.co.nz

I'm very proud of this one! There are still 2 more to do, I hope to start the next one tonight - if I can get enough writing done I'll reward myself with some drawing :)

None of the paintings I've started have been completed - I've still got 2 or 3 colour layers to add before I can get the black lines on and touch ups done so I've decided not to take photos of them (they always look so much better with the black lines on!). I hope to have them all complete for next weeks post.

No comments: