Kiwi Artists Part 3 - Tash Shackleton

Painter, drawer, cartoonist, illustrator.

New Zealand artist Natasha Shackleton has been passionate about art and creativity her entire life, excelling in artistic fields for as long as she can remember. Her artworks can be found brightening up homes and offices throughout New Zealand and the world. Her artistic diversity means she can work from nearly any medium from acrylic paint to photorealism style coloured pencil drawings, any subject from landscapes to vehicles and many styles from cartoon to realism.


Most recognized for her "Moonlight Bay" series, distinctive kiwiana, and realistic portrait, her artworks are recognizable for her use of vivid colour, dynamic tones, lighting and strong contrasts
(profile stolen from her website ;p)

I have 3 pieces of Tash's pieces
  One of the Moonlight Bay Series by Tash Shackleton

I can't remember if I purchased or swapped this piece, but I know that I ended up getting one commissioned for my mother in the same style.

Adam and Eve by Tash Shackleton
I won one of these peices in an NZ Art Guild swap but just couldn't separate the pair as they work really well together so purchased the second one.

I still have to get one of Tash's kiwiana series - just love those native birds!
You can check them out on her website

Tash also has her own tattoo business based in Oamaru - Negative Space Tattoo
Her paintings are often available direct on TradeMe 

No comments: