Introducing Kiwi Artists - Part 1 Zoe Cromwell

As I'm not painting or creating as much as I would like at the moment (due to an increasing work load), I've decided to keep up with semi-regular blog posts by introducing some talented kiwi artists. I'm going to start with those whos amazing work adornes the walls of my house. There are a few of them ;p I'm fast running out of wall space - but that's the benefits of owning your own home, I can just put another nail in the wall!

Most of the pieces I have, have been collected in artswaps but there is the odd one that I have purchased. The first piece I ever owned I purchased off TradeMe back in 2004 for some rediculously low sum. It started it all and was the inspiration behind me begining to list and sell my own work on the same site. It is still one of my favourite pieces and sits proudly in my hallway.


"Under the surface" by Zoe Cromwell

One of the things I love about this peice is the texture. Unfortunately it doesn't show so well in the photo, but I assure you its there. The detailing on the shells is amazing and Zoe's use of colour and underpainting is delightful. I have never felt such a strong attraction to a piece as I did when I first saw this work, it was on that I just absolutely had to have.

Zoe has been quiet on the art sceen in recent years but you can check out her work on her website http://www.zoe.net.nz/ .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so delighted and surprised to see this Tanya... I had no idea and stumbled on it by accident. Thank you. I've been seemingly "quiet" for a few years because of living in Africa. Still developing and still working there though!
all the best for your own journey as an artist.
Zoe

Tanya Dann said...

How wonderful to hear from you Zoe :) I certainly look forward to seeing where you are heading to with your work in the future. All the best to you :)