Something a little different (work in progress)

I've decided to try my hand at something a little different. I was going to learn to bead for part of my textiles school project but since we were working to a 3 week time frame it just never happened.


This week I went off to the Library and got a few books out - one was called "The Beader's Bible" by Claire Crouchley. Its got lots of great easy patterns and really easy to understand instructions.

So last night I got out my beads and made a start on a cute swan pattern (see pic below). OMG this has to be the most difficult thing I've done. I'm a crafty person - I've done cross stitch, sewing, etc my whole life but I've never been challenged like this! I've gotten 3 lines in (as you can see) and had to take a break - it took me about 1/2 an hour to get this far and this was after spending 2 hours + sorting beads - now I know why people buy individual colours not the cheap mixed bulk ones!!! - it also didn't help that the kittens thought they would try to be useful and ended up spilling all my orange beads all over the floor - ever tried picking up tiny orange beads of a horible brown patterned carpet???

One day I may actually finish it - I hope to work on it tonight while and will update the progress as I go.


No comments: