The hobby horse...

Etsy is my new favourite site, its where I get alot of my jewellery supplies but its also where I found this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/76189021/how-to-make-a-hobby-horse-a-complete
How To Make A Hobby Horse - A Complete Craft Kit with Instructional Disc with Colour Photos and Patterns by Chinky Monkey (she also sells the instructions on their own if you want to source your own materials, or if you aren't a sewer you can purchase ready made ones. Chinkymonkey ships world wide and Etsy is free to join)
Photo courtasy of chinkymonkey

I wanted to make a hobby horse for my niece's christmas pressy - I was planning on just getting the instructions but since the seller is in Australia I thought I'd take advantage of the cheaper postage and get it sent to me while I'm over and make one for my cousin and his wife who are about to have a child together.

I was going to take photos of my progress for this post, but I got caught up in the making of it and forgot, that and I don't want to breach copy right by giving a step by step guide so I'll just going with a beginning and end shot:


What it looked like before I started.

After some hard work and a few choice words ;p

"Zoobie" the hobby horse

I shall make another as planned once I get home. This was a little more challenging than I thought it would be, but fun none the less!

No comments: