NZ Art Guild Art Swap 2010

Every year for the NZ Art Guild I organise an art swap (not unlike the personal ones I talked about a couple of posts ago - this is on a larger scale however). Basically what happens is I put the call out for interested members to submit an artwork (or 2) that they would like to swap. Once I have all the entries in members get to select their top 5 choices and I try to match everyone up with an artwork (unfortunately not everyone gets their first choice but I do try my hardest!)

This year I put in 2 pieces so got 2 pieces back - this is the first of them:

Applelicious - Jo Mallinger

I was totally blown away by this painting when it arrived! Absolutely gorgeous!!! (Thanks Jo) Its been on my walls for almost 2 weeks now and it still makes me stop and look at it every time I walk into the hallway.  

The other piece I am still waiting for (as its currently being exhibited) - it is another peice by Cath Sheard which complements the one I swapped with her a few months ago (see my earlier post) - I am really looking forward to having a pair of pears ;p



For more information about how to become a member NZ Art Guild (so you can be involved in things like the art swap, members exhibitions and dedicated venues plus our highly informative members only forum!)
go to

No comments: