The Tie Bag

Ok its been a while since I last posted... lots has happened including giving up art school and returning to University to do my Masters in Forensic Textiles. This unfortunately has not left much time at all for art - but I have managed to squeeze in a couple of paintings and a few textiles pieces for a couple of exhibitions, the first of which was on last weekend (The Original Art Sale) in Auckland - I didn't sell anything at that one and the second starts on Thursday - the annual NZ Art Guild Exhibition (I'll add the details in the next post!!!)

My feature piece in this exhibition is this hand-made/hand-stitched bag made from mens ties. I'm super proud of this peice, it is the first in a collection of bags which will be created out of recycled materials. This collection evolved out of a desire to create art that didn't just hang on the wall but was interactive and could be enjoyed in different ways.



I'm always happy to take commissions for similar pieces. Each one will be completely unique and individual.
Please contact me via email tanya_dann@xtra.co.nz (tanya_dann)

No comments: