Photo Of The Day Challenge

I've set myself a challenge: to take at least 1 photo a day and load my favourite to my blog. I plan to do this till the end of the year and then see how I go it I'll carry it on. These images can be of anything - but have to reflect some part of my life that day and may or may not be edited or manipulated. N.B. The exception will be the 2 & 1/2 weeks in November where I'll be tramping on Stewart Island - I'll still take photos but I wont be anywhere near the computer or even have cell phone reception (OMG - How will I survive???) so will load them all when I return to civilisation.





So starting today here's number 1:



Number 1 - 16th Oct 2008

I went into class this morning to check on my work that had been in the kiln over night, this is a photo of my favourite piece - I wasn't expecting this finish, it was meant to be a brilliant blue - but I got a little excited when adding the glaze ingredients and went a little overboard with the Cobalt (Oops!) but its a happy mistake! I love the surface and the deep rich purple colour!

No comments: